- About Us
- Student Support
- Our college prayer signifies our commitment towards the development of society with traditional values and inclusive environment.
- The admission procedure of the college, adhering to reservation policy of Govt. of Tamilnadu, enables students from various socio-economic backgrounds to join the institution. About 80% of the students admitted to the college are from socio-economically disadvantaged sections of the society.
- Students from rural background, whose medium of instruction is Tamil are bridged using CLIL (Content and Language Integrated Learning) in Part-II English language study.
- The college takes care of the logistics of supporting the students through Government scholarships. In addition, the college has instituted several endowments for offering scholarships to meritorious and socio-economically disadvantaged students. College also provides fee waiver to all differently abled students.
- The College has conducted several programs for providing an inclusive environment. It has taken various initiatives for promoting tolerance and harmony towards cultural, regional, linguistic, communal, socio-economic, and other diversities. The college organizes cultural events to celebrate the cultural diversity of our country. Students from all the departments with various socio-economic and cultural backgrounds participate in these events and represent the culture of the region. Such events create an understanding of our rich cultural diversity and promote tolerance and harmony. Cultural events are organized on different occasions like Independence day, Pulari (Annual Cultural day), Republic Day, Women's day etc. The national festivals, birth anniversaries and memorials of great Indian personalities like Mahatma Ghandhiji, Mahakavi Bharathiyar, U.Ve.Sa. are observed with great fervour.
- Several departments organize field visit and study tours to various parts of Tamil Nadu by which the faculty and students are exposed to the different cultures. Example of one such visit is a trip organized by Tamil Department to Samanar hills located in Keelakuyilkudi village which is around 12 km away from Madurai, a beautiful blend of nature with history which is declared as a protected monument by the Archaeological Survey of India portraying our culture.
- In this way the institute takes efforts/initiatives in providing an inclusive environment for everyone with tolerance and harmony towards cultural, regional, linguistic, communal socioeconomic, and other diversities.
The Page Is Under Construction
Training & Placement
The Training and Placement Cells play a crucial role in locating job opportunities for Under Graduates and Post Graduates passing out from the college by keeping in touch with reputed firms and industrial establishments. The mission of the placement team is to achieve maximum placements for students through dedication, attitude and complete involvement. The Placement Cell operates round the year to facilitate contacts between companies and graduates. The number of students placed through the campus interviews is continuously rising. On invitation, many reputed industries visit the institute to conduct interviews.
We have been successful in maintaining our high placement statistics over the years. The Training Cell organizes career guidance programmes for all the students and further it arranges several training programmes like Mock Interviews, Group Discussions, and Communication Skills etc. The Training Cell also organizes Public Sector Exam Trainings for students who are interested to join Government Sectors. It also invites HR Managers from different industries to conduct training programmes final year students.
|Placement Cell||Training Cell|
Assistant Professor of Botany
Assistant Professor of Statistics
Assistant Professor of English
Assistant Professor of Physics
ICT Enabled Teaching Learning Process
Lifelong learning is one of the stated Graduate Attributes of University Grants Commission and has been Incorporated by the college in its stated programme outcomes. The ability to learn, unlearn and relearn is an important skill for the 21st century graduate. Self learning and the motivation to self learn imbibe the quality of lifelong learning to the graduate. Open Educational Resources and MOOC courses are the tools for graduates in this direction.
The college follows an exhaustive course design principle in which the curriculum, the pedagogy, references, course plan, assessment structure and blueprint are planned during the design of the course with a detailed list of Open Educational Resources or online resources and the pedagogy. This enables the teachers to plan an appropriate ICT tool for the given pedagogy. Teachers also use open educational resources for their classroom lectures either for demonstration or as tools for blended learning. Students are also encouraged to use open educational resources for the purpose of self learning.
Information, media and technology are parts of digital literacy skills of the 21st century graduate. ICT enabling of the classrooms promotes real time communication between the teacher and the student thereby enabling real time assessment of the learning level of the student. Tools like Google forms, quizizz and plickers support the teaching learning process by being a good everyday assessment tools at the hands of the teacher. Learning Management Systems like Canvas, Edmodo and Google classroom support teachers in organising activities of the class In addition to acting As an assessment tool.
Infrastructure and training are two aspects enabling use of ICT tools and online resources for teaching learning process. For enabling optimal utilization of resources, each department is provided with LCD projectors (portable or fixed as required) on share and care basis. The college also has two smart classrooms with starboard facility. Each department is provided with 75Mbps fiber internet connection. Two seminar halls having a capacity of 80-150 cater to the needs of the teaching learning process.
Workshops were organised to train the teachers on use of ICT tools. Courses focusing on use of plickers, quizizz and canvas were organized for the faculty to enable teachers to adapt to the changing needs of the classroom. Faculty recharge programmes for the use of educational media creation tools like OBS studio, Screencastify and use of live collaboration tools like google meet and zoom were organized for the faculty. Teachers were also trained on video editing tools like openshot.
Some of the ICT tools used by teachers in every day classroom situations include
- Google forms
- Google meet
- Google classroom
- Canvas LMS
- OBS studio
The college has subscribed for Google workspace for education for Teaching-Learning upgradation.
Link to e-resources for Teaching-Learning Process: