- About Us
This Research Policy forms the basics of the research ethics of the college and is implemented in all the departments and it serve as the guidelines for the functioning of the Research council of the college. Research is the foundation of knowledge that brings new energy, builds state of the art facilities, promotes research publications, develops collaborations and becomes part of active community that shares the mission objectives. Taking these into considerations, The Madura College (Autonomous), framed and implemented its Research Policy.
- To create and promote a culture of research among the faculty members.
- To identify research areas and specify research topics of academic, practical and socially relevant significance.
- To organize seminars/conferences/workshops/Group Discussions on research topics and also to organise training programmes in research methodology.
- To ensure quality, integrity and ethics in research.
- To publish research articles/patents in appropriate media and to make available such published information to the end users.
- To bring about an annual/periodic compendium of abstracts/papers presented by the staff and students in various seminars / conferences / workshops.
- To serve as a facilitator providing professional guidance, technical support and recommendation for financial assistance
Promotion of Research
- Institution publishes a multidisciplinary journal, SALSEARCH, to encourage academicians and students, in their higher research and to provide a site for exposition of their findings.
- To promote Research culture in the college, an academic Research Committee is established. Responsibilities of the committee include organising seminars by various departments, giving awareness to departments in procuring funds from various National and International agencies and publication of the college journal SALSEARCH
- For encouraging emerging researchers, college invites research proposals from the faculty every year and provides research grant for a period of one year for selected proposals.
- College organises regular faculty development programs in the form of workshops, training and orientation talks.
- For inculcating research attitude among students, selected students from Science, Arts, Commerce departments will be given financial assistance for innovative projects.
- Dean (P & D)
- Dr.R.Eswaran, Assistant Professor of Zoology
- Dr.N.Rathinakumar, Assistant Professor of Tamil
- Dr.A.Chandrabose, Assistant Professor of English
- Dr.C.Selvakumar, Assistant Professor of Zoology
- Dr.V.Ananthaswamy, Assistant Professor of Mathematics
- Dr.M.Boominathan, Assistant Professor of Chemistry