- About Us
- Student Support
- Choice Based Credit System (CBCS) is followed in all programmes offered by the college as per the directions of Tamilnadu State Council for Higher Education (TANSCHE), Govt. of Tamilnadu.
- Outcome Based Education (OBE) has been introduced for all Under Graduate Programmes from the Academic year 2020-21.
- Outcome Based Education (OBE) has been introduced for all Post Graduate Programmes from the Academic year 2021-22.
- Students earn credits for each course they pursue. For each programme, there is a certain minimum credits to be earned for a student to be declared as eligible for the degree.
- Students can earn extra credits (over and above the prescribed minimum credits) by opting for and completing courses offered on MOOC portals like Swayam, NPTEL and Spoken tutorial / internships / field projects / add-on certificate courses offered by the college / diploma courses offered by the college.
Students will have to earn 141 credits from the following components:
Part – I : Language – I
Part – II : English
Part – III : Major & Allied
Part – IV : Electives & Statutory Courses
Part – V : Extension / Social Service
Add-On and Self-Study courses
PART I - LANGUAGE I
Students can choose from one among the following languages for study
PART – II : ENGLISH
- Students have to study English as the second language.
- Content and Language Integrated Learning (CLIL) introduced for part-II English to bridge students from various mediums of instruction.
PART – III : MAJOR & ALLIED
- Core courses are mandatory courses for major discipline of study.
- Allied courses are mandatory courses in allied discipline of study.
- Major Elective courses may be chosen from the given choice of specialized courses of study in major discipline of study.
PART – IV : ELECTIVE AND STATUTORY COURSES
- Environmental Studies is a course mandated for study by University Grants Commission and TANSCHE for students of all Bachelor’s programmes to create environmental consciousness among the age group.
- A course on Universal Human Values and Professional Ethics was mandated to be a course of study for students of Bachelor’s programmes to inculcate universal human values like justice, love, equality, fraternity, integrity, etc.,
- Gender Studies has been included as a part of the curriculum from the Academic Year 2020-21
- Skill Based Elective (SBE) courses are designed to inculcate soft skills / entrepreneurial skills / technical skills to make the students employable / seek self-employment opportunities.
- Non-Major Elective (NME) courses are designed to offer the students a choice of course in a field of study other than their major or allied disciplines of study. Students can choose from the choice of courses offered by the college or on MOOC platforms. Students are allowed to take permissible MOOC courses from any of the above platforms as NME after getting permission for the same. Transfer of credit from MOOC for NME is permitted.
PART – V : EXTENSION / SOCIAL SERVICE
- All UG students must opt for one of the following social service schemes during their period of study.
- National Service Scheme (NSS)
- National Cadet Corps (NCC)
- Youth Red Cross(YRC)
- Physical Education
- Students have to ensure their registration and regular participation in the Part – V activities of their chosen domain.
Add-On and Self-Study Courses
- The College offers Add-On courses from diverse departments for the holistic developement of the students as a part of curriculum which is obligatory for all students of the given programmes during their 3rd and 4th semesters. These courses are a vital part of our academic arena and acquaint our students with valuable skills and immense knowledge in the scholarly pursuit.
- Self-Learning courses are offerd to advanced learners who are clasified by their performance in an entry level test in their first year if study. the individual's search for other sources of information is endorsed and self-evaluation tools are included to assess their knowledge.
- Students will have to earn 90 credits from the following components
- Core courses
- Elective courses in your discipline
- Non-Major Elective
- Transfer of credits is allowed from MOOC platforms for NME courses.
- Certificate / Add-on courses are designed to hone students skills in special areas of expertise not exposed to within the scope of the curriculum.
- Certificate courses add value and empower the student's will, knowledge and skills not delivered through the curriculum alone. The student's may register for courses offered by any department.
- Certificate courses are offered at a nominal cost to meet the incidental expenses incurred in offering the course.
- Diploma Courses are offerd to impart in-depth knowledge on the Science / Arts / Commerce
- Exam will be conducted to assess learning and certificate will be issued.
- All PG students are encouraged to takeup Field Projects / Internships in the Industry / Research Institutions.
- Internships / Field Projects would help the students to gain valuable exposure to the industry / current trends in research in their chosen discipline and would also help you in securing placement.
- Students can contact their course teachers for Project / Internship opportunities.