Youth represent a substantial part of the membership of Red Cross for its humanitarian commitment. Young volunteers can make a significant contribution to meet the needs of the most vulnerable people within their local communities through Youth Red Cross programme. This has been designed to involve young people as much as possible in the movement and its activities not only as workers but also as beneficiaries, and as partners in management. Hence the youth unit aims to have young people recognized by Societies leadership as equal partners who address the needs of the most vulnerable.
1) Promote life and health through training and education on safety, primary health care and healthy living
2) Encourage community service through training and education
3) Disseminate the seven fundamental principles of Red Cross and Red Crescent movement through activities that encourage the Red Cross ideals
4) Promote international friendship with activities that cultivate a humanitarian spirit
5) Technical support in the development of youth programmes, fund-raising, identification of material and human resources.
Highlights of YRC In Our College
Madura College received the Best Performance in Youth Red Cross Movement in the year 2014.
YRC students participate in various events like road safety, flood donation camp, disaster management etc.
Students raised funds for the Chennai Flood Relief and contributed various day to day needs to the Chennai and Cuddalore people who were affected by flood in the year 2015.
Students attend various training programme like Sexuality Education, Disaster Managementand Peer Education Training Programme held by various colleges and universities.