1) The Department offers Sanskrit as Part I language for B.Sc students for 4 semesters and for B.Sc computer science for 2 semesters.
2) In the first semester fundamental Sanskrit grammar is taught and students are trained to write letters and essays etc., in Sanskrit itself.
3) Sanskrit poetry, drama of ancient and modern world form the syllabus taught for students. The Department makes use of the Language Laboratory to promote spoken Sanskrit.
4) Under the “UGC- Club Activities”, competitions for students are conducted every year.
|Course||Year of Affiliation|
|UG- Part 1 – Sanskrit||1888|
81 Sanskrit students were participated and explained about 150 science and samskrit charts to Madurai school students and Public in “Samskritotsav – one day program” at Mannar Thirumalai Nayakar College, Madurai on Sep 1,2012 conducted by Samskrita Bharathi, Madurai.
Students explaining about Pushpaka Vimanam in Science and Sanskrit Exhibition 2015 @ Madura College.
More than 25 Science and Sanskrit hands-on Exhibits were displayed and explained to create awareness on Sankrit Language.
Aims and Objectives
- To spread the knowledge of Sanskrit among the students.
- To help the students to study the holy scriptures in Sanskrit itself.
- To conduct informal classes on spoken Sanskrit to make the students converse in Sanskrit.
- To develop social awareness and social outlook in the minds of students.
- To foster human values and enrichment of the mind.
1. The Department of Sanskrit was started in the year 1888
2. The Department offers “Spoken Sanskrit” as a part of the curriculum for UG students.