RED RIBBON CLUB (RRC)
Red Ribbon Club is a movement started by the Government of India in schools and colleges through which, students will spread awareness over HIV / AIDS. It envisages to instill charity mind among all the students to extend their able help towards developing healthy life styles, donating blood to all the needy by promotion of Regular voluntary blood donation.
Red Ribbon Symbol
The red ribbon is a symbol for both drug prevention and for the fight against AIDS. The Red Ribbon foundation is an organization founded in 1993 whose main purpose is the education about prevention of the Human Immunodeficiency Virus or HIV, Acquired Deficiency Syndrome Related Complex, ARC and AIDS.
1.Red like Love, as a symbol of passion and tolerance for those affected.
2.Red like Blood, representing the pain caused by many people who have of AIDS.
3.Red like the anger about the helplessness about which we are facing for a disease for which there is still no cure.
4.Red is a sign of warning not to carelessly ignore one of the biggest problems of our time.
Highlights of RRC In Our College
- Students organize and participate actively in Blood Donation Camp conducted in the college
- Every year RRC students distribute free school bags, note books and writing materials to children affected with HIV/AIDS.
- They organize various awareness programme on motivation to voluntary Blood Donation, Sexual Well being, basic support programme and perform various Street Theartes on HIV/AIDS Awareness.
- Every year RRC students celebrate Deepavali Festival with 150 persons (75 HIV/AIDS affected persons along with their family members) at our college campus and distribute dresses, sweets, and fire crackers to them.
- Dr.R.Gopi, Programme Officer received an award from the Madura Elite Lions Club for his services and Cooperation to HIV affected persons in July,2012.
- Dr.S.Selvakumar and Dr.R.Gopi attended the Comprehensive Sexuality Education meeting organized by the Family Planning Association of India, Madurai Branch on February,2015.
- Students attended the RRC-Peer Educators Training Programme at Madurai Kamaraj University, Madurai on 5th February 2015.
- Students also participate in various competitions conducted by Red Cross Society every year.