|Course||Year of Affiliation|
1) We are going to start B.Sc. Microbiology and M.Phil. (Biology) from next year.
2) Certificate course in lab technology.
Aims and Objectives
- To impart the Scope , Importance and future of Microbiology.
- To enlight the students in various applications in different fields pertaining to Microbiology.
- To conduct informal classes on spoken Sanskrit to make the students converse in Sanskrit.
- Enumerate the milestones, important events in the field of Microbiology.
- Teaching postgraduates to understand the History and Scope of Microbiology.
- To learn the theoretical and practical aspects of General Microbiology, Basic Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Medical Microbiology, Immunology, Microbial Genetics, Applied Microbiology and Biotechnology at post graduate level.
- Our mission is to impart and develop skill based scientific temper and technical expertise to students, with a vision to produce trained microbiologists.
- To produce well trained and well equipped young microbiologist.
- To nurture the students with in-depth knowledge in various fields of Microbiology.
- To produce good and dedicated scientists for the nation and to take up the challenging task in research and teaching arena.
- To motivate the students especially from rural background to become well trained microbiologists both in lab and field.
1. Microbiology laboratories are well equipped with required instruments and have spacious space.
2. In each year the M.Sc ., Microbiology exam result is above 90%.
3. The Students of this department are motivated to participate in different academic competition example poster presentation, paper presentation etc. and secured prizes.
4. In practical classes students are allowed to handle the instruments individually.
5. After passing out M.Sc. most of the students take admission to research oriented higher courses and most of the students secured jobs in Dairy industry, Medical field and Pharmaceutical industries.
- 1. Major Dr. K.M.Rajasekaran, M.Sc. M.Phil., FIAT., Ph.D., - Head & Associate Professor
- 2. Dr. N.Pannerselvam, M.Sc. Ph.D., - Associate Professor
- 3. Dr. S.Karuppusamy, M.Sc. Ph.D., FIAT., FIBS - Assistant Professor
- 4. Prof.K.Rajeswari, M.Sc. M.Phil. - Assistant Professor Profile
- 5. Major.Dr.K.M.Rajasekaran,M.Sc. M.Phil., FIAT., Ph.D., - Associate Professor and Head Profile
- 6. Dr. P.N.Rajarajan, M.Sc. M.Phil. B.Ed, Ph.D., SET., - Assistant Professor Profile
- 7. Prof. N.Sumathy, M.Sc. - Assistant Professor Profile
- 8. Mr. M.Thirugnanadass - Lab Assistant
Equipments & Library Gallery