|Course||Year of Affiliation|
The vision of the department is to provide personal, intellectual and professional growth of the students and to produce an ideal science education with the emphasis on man making and character building education.
- To produce quality and knowledgeable chemistry graduates capable of creating new developments for the society and preparing chemists of highest caliber for global standards of quality and commitment to service to the community.
- Inspiring students to undertake research programme addressing local, national and global needs.
- Qualifying students to know the features of chemistry in daily life to become entrepreneurs.
1. The department is funded by DST-FIST and equipped with FT-IR Spectrophotometer, UV-Visible Spectrophotomer & Electro chemical Work Station. Colleges and institutes nearby Madurai are getting benefits from our instrumentation centre by paid service.
2. The department has well qualified and experienced faculty members. It has an excellent academic record in preparing students for career and higher studies.
3. Well-equipped laboratories and library facilities are present.
4. Alumni of the department are eminent researchers at National and International Institutions, reputed pharmaceutical and chemical industries.
5. Syllabus is created up-to-date level and job skill oriented contents were introduced.
6. M.Sc. project is useful for getting jobs in various pharma, analytical, agro and other research institutes /industries.
7. The department is providing free CSIR/NET/GATE coaching classes along with cluster college group with ANJA College and LD College.
8. We are a part of RJSF, (Prof. R. Jayaraman Science Foundation) which is proving free CSIR/NET/GATE coaching classes with accommodation in Chennai.
- 1. Dr. A. Xavier, M.Sc. M.Phil. Ph.D., - Head & Associate Professor Profile
- 2. Dr. P. S. Harikrishnan, M.Sc. Ph.D., - Associate Professor
- 3. Dr. M. Karpagavalli, M.Sc. Ph.D., - Assistant Professor Profile
- 4. Dr. P.Gajendran, M.Sc. M.Phil. Ph.D., - Assistant Professor Profile
- 5. Dr. M. Malarvizhi, M.Sc. M.Phil. Ph.D., - Assistant Professor Profile
- 6. Mr. R. Rajamani, M.Sc. M.Phil., - Assistant Professor Profile
- 7. Dr. S. V. Karthikeyan, M.Sc. Ph.D., - Assistant Professor Profile
- 8. Mr. S. Vidhyasankar, M.Sc. M.Phil., - Assistant Professor Profile
- 9. Dr. R. Ramachandran, M.Sc. M.Phil. Ph.D., - Assistant Professor Profile
- 10. Mr. S. Selvakumar, M.Sc. M.Phil., - Assistant Professor Profile
- 11. Dr. P. Prasanna M.Sc. Ph.D., - Assistant Professor Profile
- 12. Dr. M. Boominathan, M.Sc. M.Phil. Ph.D., - Assistant Professor Profile
- 13. Dr. M. HasmathFarzana, M.Sc. M.Phil. Ph.D., - Assistant
- 14. Mrs. R. Sathya, M.Sc. M.Phil., - Assistant Professor, Ad-hoc
- 15. Mr. R. Sakthivadivel, M.Sc. M.Phil., - Assistant Professor, Ad-hoc
Laboratory - Equipments : 3
PG Laboratories : 3
UG Laboratories : 2
Ancillary Laboratories : 1
Research Laboratories : 1
Total available laboratories : 7