|Course||Year of Affiliation|
Producing Botany students as ambassadors of sustainable development and leaving the earth to the successive generation as intact as possible.
To sensitize the Botany students to the classification, structure , physiology, ecology, genetics and economic importance of plants.
- One of the oldest departments in the state.
- Offers the best training at undergraduate and post graduate levels.
- Our department starts our day with a full focus on students’ welfare, giving priority on basic disciplinary aspects and the application of our subject to the life.
- Regular organization of study trips for both undergraduate and postgraduate students to give a real field experience with specific reference to Taxonomy, Biodiversity and Ethno-botany, as botany cannot be studied within four walls of the classrooms alone.
- Exposure to national level seminars organized in and out of the college to update students’ knowledge in the subject.Students are given a chance to participate in extension activities at regular intervals.
- TConstant awareness on the environmental issues through discussions.
- Students of this department are recognized for their knowledge and skill enabling them to get recruited in colleges, universities and NGOs of our country.
- Many of our staff are engaged in active research in fields like Plant Pathology, Plant Taxonomy, Cell biology, Plant Tissue Culture, Plant Eco-physiology and Biodiversity.
Departmental projects funded by DST-FIST; DBT, ICSSR, UGC, etc.
Total grants received: Rs. 75.50 Lakhs
Dr. N. Panneerselvam
1. DBT – Rs.28 Lakhs
2. DST – Rs.9 Lakhs
3. UGC - Rs.6.5 Lakhs
1. Fast Track Young Scientist Project - SERB – Rs.15 Lakhs
2. UGC Major Project – Rs.7.5 Lakhs
1. UGC - MRP – Rs.9.50 Lakhs
- 1. Prof. S. Chella Pandian,M.Sc., M.Phil - Associate Professor and Head Profile
- 2. Dr.P. Krishnan,M.Sc.,M.Phil.,Ph.D. - Associate Professor Profile
- 3. Dr.N. Panneerselvam - M.Sc., Ph.D - Associate Professor
- 4. Dr.P. Kannan, M.Sc., M.Phil., PMCPGE, Ph.D - Assistant Professor Profile
- 5. Dr.S. Karuppusamy, M.Sc., Ph.D - Assistant Professor Profile
- 6. Dr.S. Gnaana Saraswathi, M.Sc., M.Phil., Ph.D - Assistant Professor Profile
- 7. Mr.V. Meenakshi Sundaram, M.Sc., M.Phil - Assistant Professor Profile
- 8. Mrs.R. Saranya - M.Sc., - Assistant Professor (ad-hoc)
- 9. Dr.J.T. Thambi Raj,M.Sc., M. Phil., Ph.D - Assistant Professor (ad-hoc)
- 10. Ms.M. Muthu Priya - M.Sc., - Assistant Professor (ad-hoc)
Laboratory & Library Gallery
Gallery Document Download