|Course||Year of Affiliation|
Aims and Objectives
- To teach, train and equip the students in many disciplines of Biotechnology.
- Syllabus framed according to the need of modern biotechnology.
- To improve the quality of education by continuous monitoring and review of performance and counseling students.
- To motivate the students in the field of research by assigning project work.
- To enhance the skill of the students by encouraging them in participating seminars, conferences, guest lectures and industrial visits.
- Laboratory experiments are designed to orient the students according to the requirements in various fields such as scientific labs and biotechnology industries.
- To train the students for industrial need and to pursue further education.
- To inculcate entrepreneurship among the students so as to start their own ventures in the field of Biotechnology.
1. Well qualified staff – Six out of eight members have completed their doctoral research in specialized areas.
2. Staff members are expertised in laboratory skills.
3. Cordial relationship between students and staff.
4. Our department is well equipped to perform research in different areas of Biotechnology. The available facilities include sophisticated laboratory equipments such as Gel documentation system, UV Spectrophotometer, Microcentrifuge, High Speed Centrifuge, Ultrasonicator, PCR Machine (GENEi), Eelectrophoresis unit, Binocular Microscope, Incubator, -20°C deep freezer, Hot air oven, Orbital shaker cum incubator, Plant tissue culture, etc.,
5. A biotechnologist may find jobs in various quarters. Biotechnology jobs in India can be found in the fields like, Drug and pharmaceutical research, Public funded laboratories, Chemicals, Environment control, Waste management, Energy, Food processing, Bio-processing industries.
- 1. Dr.L.D.Devasree M.Sc., M.Phil., Ph.D - Head & Assistant Professor
- 2. Dr.S.Barathy M.Sc., M.Phil., Ph.D - Assistant Professor
- 3. Prof.S.Krishnamoorthy M.Sc., M.Phil., SET - Assistant professor
- 4. Dr.G.Chandran M.Sc., M.Phil., Ph.D - Assistant professor
- 5. Prof.J.UmaMageshwari M.Sc., M.Phil., SET - Assistant professor
- 6. Dr.S.Rajesh kannan M.Sc., Ph.D., SET - Assistant professor
- 7. Dr.S.Lingathurai M.Sc., M.Phil., Ph.D - Assistant professor
- 8. Dr.S.Nagarajan M.Sc., Ph.D - Assistant professor
- 9. Mr. Wilson Kennedy - Lab Assistant
Laboratory & Library Gallery
Gallery Document Download